stay under meaning
- [American slang]
to remain concealed or protected beneath something.
You had better stay under the blankets until I get the fire started in the fireplace.
Stay under and keep warm.
- besides this, he found it impossible to stay under the hatch.
- with a snorkel, however, a diver can stay under water for quite a long time.
- much as he had ingratiated himself with his aunt, she had never yet invited him to stay under her roof.
- i hot-wire a parked cab and stay under the speed limit
- john ： i'd like to stay under a hundred dollars