stay on meaning
Verb: stay on
- Continue in a place, position, or situation
"After graduation, she stayed on in Cambridge as a student adviser"
- stay, continue, remain
Derived forms: stays on, stayed on, staying on
Type of: be
to remain at a place longer than had been planned.
I stayed on in Paris for nearly two years.
Mary liked it there and decided to stay on.
- our stay on earth is not for long.
- i am not sure whether to resign or stay on.
- the raider stays on the air.
- okey, so we stay on our toes in the tower.
- my hat wo n't stay on properly.