[ 'sʌmbədi ] Pronunciation: "somebody" in a sentence
Noun: somebody 'súm`bódee
- A human being
- person, individual, someone, mortal, soul
Derived forms: somebodies
Type of: being, causal agency, causal agent, cause, organism
Part of: people
n. an important person. (Often with a.)
• Aren't you a somebody?
• If she was somebody, you wouldn't have to ask.
- go somebody one better: [American slang]v. ...
- somebody up there loves me: [American slang]sl ...
- pick on somebody your own size: [American slang]Go ...
- somebody wildly suggested dynamiting it.
- i 'd rather he was married to somebody else.
- "here's somebody for you," said the boy.
- he is not somebody one warms to easily.
- put down that knife before you hurt somebody!