sitting target meaning
- or sitting duck noun
An easy target or victim
someone or something that is in a position that is easily attacked.
• The old man was a sitting target for the burglars. He lived alone and did not have a telephone.
• People recently hired will be sitting targets if the company needs to cut back.
- they are sitting targets.
- In essence, the country responsible would become a sitting target.
- At times, you do feel like a sitting target back there,
- Republicans see Carnahan as vulnerable, but she is no sitting target.
- For one thing, you are a sitting target.