- Noun: shovel shúvul
- A hand tool for lifting loose material; consists of a curved container or scoop and a handle
- The quantity a shovel can hold
- shovelful, spadeful
- A fire iron consisting of a small shovel used to scoop coals or ashes in a fireplace
- A machine for excavating
- power shovel, excavator, digger
- Dig with or as if with a shovel
Derived forms: shovels, shovelling, shoveled, shoveling, shovelled
See power shovel.
- More: Next
- ruggam felled him with his shovel.
- the laborers had not appeared to shovel it.
- shovel the pavement clear of snow.
- i believe you have forgotten how to shovel right.
- the workmen leant their shovels against the fence and went to lunch.