- Noun: shinty shintee
- A Scotch game resembling hockey; also, the club used in the game
Derived forms: shinties
- More: Next
- in old times a field of shinty must have resembled a battleground; its usual accompaniment being skirling pipes and waving banners
- shinty is a fine free game, much less restricted by rules but otherwise not unlike hockey which is derived from it
- The team currently play in shinty's National Division One.
- The team is a part of the North Carolina Shinty Association.
- The team was a part of the North Carolina Shinty Association.