shaggy mane meaning
- , shaggy ink-cap or shaggy mane noun
An edible fungus (Coprinus comatus) with a white, cylindrical, shaggy-scaled cap
- They have a shaggy mane on the back of their neck.
- His shaggy mane is streaked with gray.
- Within the main body of mushrooms, in the Agaricales, are common fungi like the common shaggy manes, etc.
- Some may also be stalked like the " Podaxis pistillaris " which is also called the False Shaggy Mane.
- On the second morning, a Transvaal lion-- the MGM variety, with a shaggy mane-- was up and pacing.