scoot down meaning
- [American slang]
to go (down) somewhere in a hurry.
I want you to scoot down to the store and get me a dozen eggs. Okay?
I'll scoot down as soon as I finish reading the newspaper.
- you seem pensive . scoot down
- As if on cue, a family of five tusked warthogs scoots down the fairway, waddling but quick.
- Could some observers scoot down to terrorism-scarred Sri Lanka, review the security situation and decide if it was safe to play cricket there?
- "The only words he said to me was, ` You are going to have to scoot down more, "'she said.
- One machine Davis has designed scoots down a lane, stopping every two feet to check the surface topography with a laser at 80 separate points across the boards.