scare off meaning
Verb: scare off skehr óf
- Cause to lose courage
- daunt, dash, pall, frighten off, scare away, frighten away, scare
Derived forms: scares off, scaring off, scared off
Type of: intimidate, restrain
- scare away-off: 1. scare away/off ...
- scare the pants off: [British slang]Phr ...
- scare the pants off (of) so: [American slang]to ...
- his intimacy scared off all female colleagues
- go away, boilermaker . you're scaring off the clientele
- that's the idea . i use it to scare off the jerks
- yeah . try not to scare off the fish there, buddy
- he got a gun and scared off the thief