sanitary inspector meaning
Formerly, an official with responsibility for ensuring that standards of hygiene, etc were adhered to, both in commercial and domestic establishments (cf environmental health officer under environment)
- She qualified as a sanitary inspector at Bedford College, London.
- He also studied at night school and qualified as a sanitary inspector.
- A similar view was expressed by Gennady Onishchenko, Chief Sanitary Inspector of Russia.
- Eventually the title was standardized across all UK local authorities as'Sanitary Inspector '.
- Some past / historic titles include inspector of nuisances, sanitarian, and sanitary inspector.