salad burnet meaning
Noun: salad burnet
- European garden herb with purple-tinged flowers and leaves that are sometimes used for salads
- burnet bloodwort, pimpernel, Poterium sanguisorba
- Leaves sometimes used for salad
Derived forms: salad burnets
Encyclopedia: Salad burnet
- The hill also supports salad burnet, thyme, hairy violet.
- Wild flowers include rock rose, salad burnet and common spotted orchid.
- Flora includes salad burnet, downy oat-grass and fen bedstraw.
- Herbs in drier areas include cowslip and salad burnet, while wetter areas have tall fen vegetation.
- It is traditionally managed by hay cutting and grazing, and plants include salad burnet and dropwort.