- /sə-hēˈli-ən or -helˈi-ən/
Of or concerning the countries south of the Sahara desert, incl Chad, Niger, Mali and Mauritania, generally between the desert and savanna regions
ORIGIN: Ar sāhel coastal strip
- comparison between holocene environmental changes in north china agro-pastoral zone and africa sahelian belt
- In history, Sahel Sahara region was home of Sahelian Kingdoms.
- The fabric is worn by dignitaries in the Sahelian region of Africa.
- It is the southern tropical equivalent of the Sahelian climate.
- Azawad, as claimed by the MNLA, comprises the Sahelian zone.