retrospective study meaning
Studies used to test etiologic hypotheses in which inferences about an exposure to putative causal factors are derived from data relating to characteristics of persons under study or to events or experiences in their past. The essential feature is that some of the persons under study have the disease or outcome of interest and their characteristics are compared with those of unaffected persons.
- a retrospective study of nosocomial infections in tumor hospital
- retrospective study on pneumoconiosis in a nonferrous metal company
- retrospective study on the filariasis elimination work in feixian county
- retrospective study on 21 elderly patients with spinal tuberculosis
- a retrospective study on the forensic psychiatric expertise