Adjective: retrorse ri'trors
- Bent or curved backward or downward
"leaves with retrorse barbs"
See also: decurved
- rubric strike a balance and blue word are retrorse strike a balance is a meaning
- The subequal jaws are anteriorly lined with rows of numerous close-set, depressible, and retrorse barbel.
- The dorsal fin and anal fin are of roughly equal size, both positioned far back from the head, and retrorse.
- All foxtails have a hardened tip, sometimes called a " callus ", and retrorse barbs, pointing away from the tip of the callus.
- The anal fin is either present or greatly reduced, and may not be externally visible; it is strongly retrorse in " Opisthoproctus ".