resident alien meaning
A foreigner who is a permanent resident of the country in which he or she resides but does not have citizenship. To fall under this classification in the U.S., you need to either currently have a green card or have had one in the last calendar year. You also fall under the U.S. classification of resident alien if you have been in the U.S. for more than 31 days during the current year along with having been in the U.S. for at least 183 days over a three-year period that includes the current year.
- immigrant workers were classed as resident aliens
- for permanent resident alien, form is used for reentry permit
- application for travel documents to accord non-permanent resident alien advance parole or refugee travel document
- The men were identified as resident aliens from Morocco and Algeria.
- Ali is a legal resident alien but never became a citizen.