remit to meaning
- remit sth to sb/sth formal to send something back to another person, court etc so that they can consider it again and make a decision:
▪ The case will be remitted to the Court of Appeal.
- "so that you will remit to me these 48, 000 francs?
- it is not part of the committee's remit to investigate government policy
- if you come from ali himself, said selim, you know what you were charged to remit to me
- but the capital, overseas supplier should remit it to parent company, and then remit to inland purchaser
- but mr bernanke should be driven by his remit to support economic stability, not by the whiplash from financial markets