remission of sin meaning
Noun: remission of sin
- The act of absolving or remitting; formal redemption as pronounced by a priest in the sacrament of penance
- absolution, remission, remittal
Derived forms: remissions of sin
Type of: redemption, salvation
Part of: penance
- in remission: [American slang][o ...
- remission: Noun: remission&nb ...
- sin: Noun: sin &nb ...
- remission of sins is promised to those who repent.
- christians pray for the remission of sins
- 3c . his death was a sacrifice to god and a propitiation for the remission of sins
- for this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins
- john did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins