Adjective: radiolucent `reydeeow'loosunt
- Almost complete transparent to X-rays or other forms of radiation
adj : partly or wholly permeable to radiation and esp. X rays —compare RADIOPAQUE
- the patient has a radiolucent lesion below the molar teeth in the right mandible
- ureteroscopy on diagnosis and treatment of radiolucent ureteral calculi a report of 40 cases
- Most human enteroliths are radiolucent on plain X-rays.
- Cystine calculi are only faintly radiodense, while uric acid stones are usually entirely radiolucent.
- It is a localized increase of hematopoietic bone marrow that creates a radiolucent radiographic defect.