Noun: radiology `reydee'ólujee
- The branch of medical science dealing with the medical use of X-rays or other penetrating radiation
- (radiology) examination of the inner structure of opaque objects using X rays or other penetrating radiation
Derived forms: radiologies
See also: radiological, radiologist
Type of: imaging, medical science, tomography
The science embracing the theory and use of X rays and radioactive substances in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases and ailments.
A specialty concerned with the use of x-ray and other forms of radiant energy in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. n
1 : the science of radioactive substances and high-energy radiations
2 : a branch of medicine concerned with the use of radiant energy (as X rays and radium) in the diagnosis and treatment of disease
- interventional radiology: [Medicine]Subspeci ...
- nuclear radiology: [Medicine]A specia ...
- pacs (radiology): [Medicine]Informat ...
- definitive diagnosis depends upon either endoscopy or radiology.
- journal of diagnostic imaging and interventional radiology
- digital radiology department'sdigital device disposition
- clinical uses and advance of intervention radiology
- development of integrated radiology management system