Noun: radiologist `reydee'ólujist
- A medical specialist who uses radioactive substances and X-rays in the treatment of disease
Derived forms: radiologists
See also: radiology
Type of: medical specialist, specialist
A specialist skilled in RADIOLOGY.
n : a physician specializing in the use of radiant energy for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes
- the radiologist said, " you have to hold her still for four minutes.
- from time to time, radiologists are asked to donate their medical services
- your radiologist attends the fair to assist in interpreting these screening tests
- we went to the radiologist who said, " you need to somehow hold her still for four minutes.
- the promise behind computer-aided detection was that the computer programs would help radiologists find cancers