radio fix meaning
The identification of a ship's or aircraft's position from radio signals it emits
The location of a ship or aircraft by determining the direction of radio signals coming to the ship or aircraft from two or more sending stations, the locations of which are known.
- a fix: [American slang]1. ...
- fix: Verb: fix &nb ...
- fix on: fix on sth/sb to d ...
- A radio fix on two stations can be found in exactly the same way.
- Two such measurements then provided a radio fix.
- If ignored, the aircraft will circle and hold at the radio fix identified as the beginning-point in the player's sector.