radar astronomy meaning
- Noun: radar astronomy
- (astronomy) a technique that uses radar echoes to examine bodies within the solar system, obtaining information about size, shape, topography, surface density, spin etc.
Encyclopedia: Radar astronomy
The use of radar equipment to observe and map planets, moons, and asteroids, and to measure their distance from the earth or from a spacecraft.
- More: Next
- His research interests include radar imaging, optical signal processing, and radar astronomy.
- He co-authored with T . Hagfors the classic textbook of Radar Astronomy.
- Much of Dr . Ostro's career focused on the development of asteroid radar astronomy.
- In later years radar was used in scientific instruments, such as weather radar and radar astronomy.
- In fact, essentially all major radar astronomy activities have been conducted as adjuncts to radio astronomy observatories.