racing certainty meaning
A thing certain to happen
- If the United States does not move, retaliation is a racing certainty in mid-December,
- Not so much buying insurance as placing a bet, and in betting terms this would be a racing certainty.
- "A rate cut on Thursday is a racing certainty, " said Nigel Anderson, senior economist at Wrightson Associates in London.
- "A broad EMU start in 1999 is going to look less of a racing certainty than it did in Amsterdam, " said Cottrell.
- One can only imagine what he will do when he does break a world record, which according to his British coach Kim McDonald is a racing certainty.