- Noun: race reys
- Any competition
"the race for the presidency"
- A contest of speed
"the race is to the swift"
- People who are believed to belong to the same genetic stock
"some biologists doubt that there are important genetic differences between races of human beings"
- (biology) a taxonomic group that is a division of a species; usually arises as a consequence of geographical isolation within a species
- The flow of air that is driven backwards by an aircraft propeller
- slipstream, airstream, backwash, wash
- A canal for a current of water
- Move fast
"The cars raced down the street"
- rush, hotfoot, hasten, hie [archaic], speed, pelt along, rush along, cannonball along, bucket along, belt along, step on it
- Compete in a race
"let's race and see who gets there first"
- To work as fast as possible towards a goal, sometimes in competition with others
"We are racing to find a cure for AIDS"
- Cause to move fast or to rush or race
"The psychologist raced the rats through a long maze"
Derived forms: racing, raced, races
- Any competition
Groups of individuals whose putative ancestry is from native continental populations based on similarities in physical appearance. n
a : an actually or potentially interbreeding group within a species; also : a taxonomic category (as a subspecies) representing such a group
b : BREED
2 : one of the three, four, or five divisions based on inherited physical characteristics into which human beings are usu. divided
<programming> Requirements Acquisition and Controlled Evolution.
- More: Next
- the races can be further subdivided.
- nick went all out to win the race.
- once i nourished the entire human race.
- a major record in auto racing fell.
- he hated the idea of reopening the race.