- Any of several spore-bearing aquatic or marsh plants having short rhizomes and leaves resembling quills; worldwide except Polynesia
Derived forms: quillworts
Type of: fern ally
Part of: genus Isoetes, Isoetes
- quillwort family: Noun: quillwort fa ...
- Quillwort species are very difficult to distinguish by general appearance.
- It is endemic to Taiwan, and the only species of quillwort there.
- As other quillworts, it is relatively small, with erect leaves long.
- All quillworts and their extinct relatives are heterosporous.
- He was particularly interested in quillworts, of which, he described several new species.