- Having quills; also, shaped like quills
- the trees were initially decorated with fruit and sweets together with hand made objects such as quilled snowflakes and stars
- Some are shaped like graceful waterlilies; others have quilled petals like cactus.
- The monotreme we saw everywhere is the echidna, a little quilled animal who looks something like a porcupine.
- The main use of this quilling paper is to provide a desired level of softness to the quilled subject.
- The Sioux Quilled Pipe Bag at left is decorated with quillwork forming flora and fauna, buffalo and caterpillars.