- Noun: priming prIming
- The act of making something ready
- Any igniter that is used to initiate the burning of a propellant
- fuse, fuze [N. Amer], fusee, fuzee [N. Amer], primer
- The first or preliminary coat of paint or size applied to a surface
- flat coat, ground, primer, primer coat, priming coat, undercoat
- Insert a primer into (a gun, mine, or charge) preparatory to detonation or firing
"prime a cannon"; "prime a mine"
- Cover with a primer; apply a primer to
- ground, undercoat
- Fill with priming liquid
"prime a car engine"
Derived forms: primings
The application of a primer.
- More: Next
- the late prime minister attended the ceremony.
- let pi be the distinct prime divisors of m.
- prime minister was supplanted by his rival.
- what is the probability that it is a prime?
- his prime task is to lower the tax rate.