- Noun: primer prImu(r)
- An introductory textbook
- Any igniter that is used to initiate the burning of a propellant
- fuse, fuze [N. Amer], fusee, fuzee [N. Amer], priming
- The first or preliminary coat of paint or size applied to a surface
- flat coat, ground, priming, primer coat, priming coat, undercoat
Derived forms: primers
See also: prime
A paint, applied as a first coat, which serves the function of sealing and filling on wood, plaster, and masonry; inhibits rust and improves the adhesion of subsequent coats of paint on metal surfaces.2.
A thin liquid bitumen solvent; applied to a roof surface to absorb dust and to improve the adhesion of subsequent applications of bitumen.3.
A cartridge or container of explosives into which a detonator or detonating cord is inserted or attached.
n : a molecule (as a short strand of RNA or DNA) whose presence is required for formation of another molecule (as a longer chain of DNA)
- More: Next
- the late prime minister attended the ceremony.
- let pi be the distinct prime divisors of m.
- prime minister was supplanted by his rival.
- what is the probability that it is a prime?
- his prime task is to lower the tax rate.