pressure drop meaning
The decrease in fluid pressure between two ends of a duct or pipeline, between two points in a system, across valves and fittings, etc., due to frictional losses; in a water-piping system a drop in fluid pressure also occurs between two points as a result of the difference in elevation between the two points.
- however, the pressure drop occurs almost completely in the plug.
- in this range, the pressure drop increases in proportion to the specific gravity of the mixture.
- when viscous forces predominate the flow is proportional to the pressure drop across the element.
- the inventory of solids in a fluidized bed can easily be found by pressure drop measurements across the bed.
- the correlation is considered to be an accurate method for the calculation of pressure drop in the pneumatic transport of solids.