press on meaning
- Verb: press on
Derived forms: presses on, pressed on, pressing on
to continue; to continue to try.
Don't give up! Press onward!
I have lots to do. I must press on.
- More: Next
- we must press on with the project without wasting time.
- usually a wheel is stopped by a brake-shoe which presses on it.
- a liquid presses on the sides and on the bottom of the container in which it rests.
- here, taken from the press on the same day, are two instances of this reversal of sense.
- as the frequent rain squalls and low clouds were unfavourable for air action, phillips resolved to press on.