plug cutter meaning
A small bit, 1 operated by a power drill, for cutting out plugs used to cover recessed screwheads in a hardwood floor.
A device for boring out short dowels or plugs from wood that exactly match standard drill sizes.
- Nearby was an old chewing-tobacco plug cutter that looked like a small guillotine.
- Plug cutters are inexpensive drill accessories that remove a plug of a specific size from a piece of wood.
- If the plug cutter and the drill bit you used are a perfect match, then the repair should be virtually invisible.
- Get a !-inch plug cutter and a pilot bit for your screws that has a !-inch set on it.
- If you don't have any plug cutters, you should be able to find them at any woodworker's store.