- Noun: pig pig
- Domestic swine
- hog, grunter, squealer, Sus scrofa
- A person with poor hygiene and low standards of tidiness
- slob, sloven, slovenly person, dag [Austral, NZ]
- A person regarded as greedy and pig-like
- Uncomplimentary term for a policeman
- bull, cop, copper [Brit], fuzz, rozzer [Brit]
- Mould consisting of a bed of sand in which pig iron is cast
- pig bed
- A crude block of metal (lead or iron) poured from a smelting furnace
Derived forms: pigging, pigs, pigged
Type of: bear, birth, block of metal, cast, deliver, eat, give birth, have, ingot, live, metal bar, mold [N. Amer], mould [Brit, Cdn], officer, police officer, policeman, selfish person, swine, vulgarian
- Domestic swine
n. an ugly and fat woman. (Derogatory.)
• Clare is a pig. Why doesn't she lose a ton or two?
• Every girl in that sorority is a pig.
Noun. 1. A policeman/woman. Derog. [Early 1800s]
2. A glutton, a greedy person.
3. A slob, an unpleasantly dirty person.
4. A difficult or unpleasant situation or task. E.g."Cleaning all the windows is a pig of a job.”
An investor who is often seen as greedy, having forgotten his or her original investment strategy to focus on securing unrealistic future gains. After experiencing a gain, these investors often have very high expectations about the future prospects of the investment and, therefore, do not sell their position to realize the gain.
[Oil and gas]
A device used for cleaning a pipeline or separating two liquids being moved down the pipeline. It is inserted into the pipeline and carried along by the flow of oil or gas. An 'intelligent pig' is fitted with sensors which an check for corrosion or defects in the pipeline.
- More: Next
- the pigs were grubbing about among the trees.
- the pigs were grubbing around for roots.
- pig nutrition is a financial exercise.
- he is a farmer and raises pigs and chickens ..
- he prodded at the pig with his walking-stick.