The property of certain solids of exhibiting optical changes due to compression or other stresses
The tendency for the light-transmission characteristics of a substance to change with externally applied forces.
- lame-maxwell equations of equilibrium have important applications in photoelasticity.
- 3d-photoelasticity analysis of the crankshaft
- stress wave and identification of isochromatic fringes in dynamic photoelasticity
- experimental study on interaction of stress wave and interface using dynamic photoelasticity
- linking photoelasticity and computer technique and realizing the image automatic reduction is one of major directions to develop experimental mechanics