- The time that has elapsed
"forget the past"
- past times, yesteryear
- A earlier period in someone's life (especially one that they have reason to keep secret)
"reporters dug into the candidate's past"
- A verb tense that expresses actions or states in the past
- past tense
- Earlier than the present time; no longer current
"time past"; "his youth is past"; "this past Thursday"; "the past year"
- Of a person who has held and relinquished a position or office
- preceding, retiring
- So as to pass a given point
"every hour a train goes past"
Sounds like: passed
Derived forms: pasts
See also: ago, agone [archaic], ancient, bygone, bypast, chivalric, departed, early, erstwhile, foregone, former, gone, historic, historical, knightly, last, late, medieval, noncurrent, old, olden, onetime, one-time, other, outgoing, pastness, prehistoric, prehistorical, previous, quondam, recent, sometime, then, timing, ult, ultimo
Part of: life
consideratlon See CONSIDERATION.
- as i look back, scenes of the past leap before my eyes.
- there is no past history of renal involvement.
- it is no use grieving about past errors.
- these reminders of the past are everywhere.
- the bullets whistled past his ears.