Noun: oxen óksun
- Domesticated bovine animals as a group regardless of sex or age
"a team of oxen"
- cattle, cows, kine [archaic], Bos taurus
- An adult castrated bull of the genus Bos; especially Bos taurus
- Any of various wild bovines especially of the genera Bos or closely related Bibos
- wild ox
Derived forms: oxens
Type of: bovine
- the clay oxen plunge into the sea and vanish.
- i saw a team of oxen hitched to a broken-down wagon.
- a subordinate by nature, he treated his own subordinates as if he were dealing with cows and oxen.
- he hitched the oxen up and began to plough the fields
- the farmer was yoking his oxen to a plough