Noun: Oxbridge 'óks`brij
- General term for an ancient and prestigious and privileged university (especially Oxford University or Cambridge University)
Type of: university
Encyclopedia: Oxbridge Oxbridge, Dorset
- dick white's delivery was much more in the style of the oxbridge don.
- the next day there was an immense excitement in boniface college, oxbridge.
- pen had passed a few days at his uncle's lodgings before they set out for oxbridge.
- you don't have to go to oxbridge to receive a good university education
- dick white's delivery was much more in the style of the oxbridge don