oxbow lake meaning
Noun: oxbow lake
- A crescent-shaped lake (often temporary) that is formed when a meander of a river is cut off from the main channel
Derived forms: oxbow lakes
Type of: lake
Encyclopedia: Oxbow lake
- oxbow: Noun: oxbow & ...
- lake: Noun: lake &n ...
- artificial lake: Noun: artificial l ...
- This causes the presence of wetlands, oxbow lakes and backswamps.
- It is the largest oxbow lake in the state of Missouri.
- The Dihing has created number of oxbow lakes in the area.
- The area is the location of Carter Lake, an oxbow lake.
- There the valley widens and contains numerous oxbow lakes in its floodplain.