order coraciiformes meaning
- They are classified in the order Coraciiformes, which also includes the kingfishers, bee-eaters and rollers.
- "' Kingfishers "'are a group of small to medium-sized, brightly colored birds in the order Coraciiformes.
- The tree kingfisher subfamily Halcyoninae is one of nine in the order Coraciiformes, which also includes the motmots, bee-eaters, polyphyletic.
- "' Picodynastornithes "'is a clade that contains the orders Coraciiformes ( rollers and kingfishers ) and Piciformes ( woodpeckers and toucans ).
- Members of this suborder are often called " true piciforms " as it was thought the jacamars of Galbulidae and puffbirds of Bucconidae ( of the other piciform suborder Galbuli ) not closely related to toucans and woodpeckers, but instead to the order Coraciiformes.