on sale meaning
- [American idiom]
offered for sale at a special low price.
• I wont buy anything that's not on sale.
• I need a new coat, but I want to find a nice one on sale.
available for sale at a reduced price. (Always implies lower than usual sale price.)
These pots are on sale for $20.
I bought these pants on sale for half price.
- the goods will be on sale tomorrow.
- the new commemorative stamps will be put on sale next week.
- they have desks, sofas, bookcases and cabinets on sale.
- there are many video machines on sale in the appliance store right next to my house.
- general motors had pictures of the mustang two years before the car went on sale.