on ice meaning
Adjective: on ice
- Delayed; postponed
- on hold
- Performed by ice skaters as an ice show
- (of a drink) kept chilled with ice
1. Lit. stored or preserved on ice or under refrigeration.
I have a lot of root beer on ice for the picnic.
All the soft drinks are on ice.
2. Fig. [action on someone or something] suspended or left hanging.
I was on ice for over a month while the matter was being debated.
This matter should be on ice for a while.
- they kept the invention on ice for ten years.
- the spy was apparently on ice for two to three years before resuming work.
- developing the strong will of students in teaching on ice
- investigation on ice-shedding induced by wind for iced wires
- a study on ice-pressure sensor based on dual fbgs