on hold meaning
Adjective: on hold
- Set aside for the use of a particular person or party
- Waiting on a telephone call
- Delayed; postponed
- on ice
left waiting on a telephone line.
• I hate to call up someone and then end up on hold.
• I waited on hold for ten minutes when I called city hall.
1. Lit. waiting; temporarily halted.
The building project is on hold while we try to find money to complete it.
We put our wedding plans on hold until we finished school.
2. Fig. left waiting on a telephone line.
I hate to call up someone and then end up on hold.
I waited on hold for ten minutes when I called city hall.
- come on hold my hand, i wanna contact the living
- if you want to check which packages you had on hold for
- excuse me, i think you have something on hold for me
- i'm putting you on hold to answer another call
- i'm gonna put you on hold, stay by the phone,