oceanic whitetip shark meaning
Noun: oceanic whitetip shark
- Large deep-water shark with white-tipped dorsal fin; worldwide distribution; most dangerous shark
- whitetip shark, white-tipped shark, Carcharinus longimanus
Derived forms: oceanic whitetip sharks
Type of: requiem shark
Part of: Carcharhinus, genus Carcharhinus
Encyclopedia: Oceanic whitetip shark
- whitetip shark: Noun: whitetip sha ...
- reef whitetip shark: Noun: reef whiteti ...
- oceanic: Adjective: oceanic ...
- The oceanic whitetip shark is a medium-sized requiem shark.
- Oceanic whitetip sharks and silky sharks are common in the Mona Passage.
- For example, oceanic whitetip sharks dominate silky sharks of comparable size during feeding.
- The great white shark and oceanic whitetip shark have also been known to spyhop.
- Those who were left in the water either drowned or were killed by oceanic whitetip sharks.