- Noun: motor mowtu(r)
- Machine that converts other forms of energy into mechanical energy and so imparts motion
- A nonspecific agent that imparts motion
"happiness is the aim of all men and the motor of all action"
- Travel or be transported in a vehicle
"They motored to London for the theatre"
- Conveying information to the muscles from the CNS
- Causing or able to cause motion
Derived forms: motors, motored, motoring
in. to depart.
• Well, let's motor, you guys. It's getting late.
• I've got to motor. It's a long walk home.
A machine which converts electric power into mechanical power by means of a rotating shaft.
1. A machine for converting electrical energy into mechanical energy.
2. The driving mechanism of a loudspeaker.
1 : causing or imparting motion
2 : of, relating to, or being a motoneuron or a nerve containing motoneurons motor fibers motor cells
3 : of, relating to, concerned with, or involving muscular movement motor areas of the brain
- More: Next
- what is the power delivered to the motor?
- henry fixed the motor which had cut out.
- the whine of the motors jangled her nerves.
- he is buying up shares in general motors.
- he gunned his motor at the stoplight.