- Adjective: monitorial `móni'toreeul
- Of or pertaining to a monitor or monitors
- monitorial-group plan
- They established more than a hundred'monitorial'schools in the region.
- The Monitorial System and its variants found favour not just in Britain but also its Empire.
- Maeser incorporated the Monitorial System into his teaching philosophies and believed that students should each have responsibilities.
- Pillans introduced a version of the Bell Lancaster monitorial system, and his class doubled its numbers.