- heat sum is a useful measure of the onset of meristematic activity buds in deciduous and fruit trees.
- clonal propagation of plants by runners is based on meristematic activity of the differentiated cells of the plants.
- the paper discussed the change rule of meristematic nuclei and their relation with the intercellular rhizobia
- it may develop by thickening of the secondary walls of parenchyma cells, or it may arise directly from meristematic cells
- the vascular cambium extends to form a complete ring of meristematic tissue around the stem, the separate vascular bundles being linked by interfascicular cambium