mercy killings meaning
The act or practice of killing or allowing death from natural causes,for reasons of mercy,i.e.,in order to release a person from incurable disease,intolerable suffering,or undignified death. (from Beauchamp and Walters,Contemporary Issues in Bioethics,5th ed)
- in a word, the legislation of mercy killing is suitable for gradualness
- i thought you said mercy killing and first-degree murder were very different crimes
- in social ethics, it is reasonable to enforce mercy killing, which doesn't violate against the principles of modern morality and humanity
- Those guidelines say that only physicians can carry out mercy killings.
- Parliament was due to pass historic legislation Tuesday legalizing mercy killings.