[ mi'kæniks ] Pronunciation: "mechanics" in a sentence
- Noun: mechanics mu'kaniks
- The branch of physics concerned with the motion of bodies in a frame of reference
- The technical aspects of doing something
"the mechanics of prose style"
- A craftsman skilled in operating machine tools
- machinist, shop mechanic
- Someone whose occupation is repairing and maintaining automobiles
- automobile mechanic, auto-mechanic, car-mechanic, grease monkey
See also: mechanical
Type of: artificer, artisan, carrying into action, carrying out, craftsman, craftsperson, execution, journeyman, maintenance man, natural philosophy, performance, physics, repairman, service man
The branch of physics which deals with the motions of material bodies,including kinematics,dynamics,and statics. When the laws of mechanics are applied to living structures,as to the locomotor system,it is referred to as BIOMECHANICS. (From Dorland,28th ed) n pl but sing or pl in constr : a branch of physical science that deals with energy and forces and their effect on material bodies
- aeroplane mechanics: Noun: aeroplane me ...
- airplane mechanics: Noun: airplane mec ...
- analytic mechanics: [Mechanics]The app ...
- More: Next
- but what's the mechanics of it?
- a mechanic who buys and sells cars on the side
- the mechanic greased the car's axle.
- the greek initiated the science of mechanics.
- course 1 makes heavy use of quantum mechanics.