[ 'meʒəmənt ] Pronunciation: "measurement" in a sentence
Noun: measurement mezhurmunt
- The act or process of assigning numbers to phenomena according to a rule
"the measurements were carefully done"
- measuring, measure, mensuration
Derived forms: measurements
See also: measure
Type of: activity
AmE / noun
the size, length or amount of sth:
an inflation measurement
The exact measurements of the room are 3 metres 20 by 2 metres 84.
the act or process of finding the size, quantity or degree of sth:
Accurate measurement is very important in science.
1. The process by which the magnitude, extent, or duration of a parameter is found.
2. The value of a parameter, as obtained, according to
measurement error The difference between the measured value of a quantity and its true value. Also see NEGATIVE ERROR OF MEASUREMENT and POSITIVE ERROR OF MEASUREMENT.
A plan for collecting and utilizing data so that desired information can be obtained with sufficient precision or so that an hypothesis can be tested properly. n
1 : the act or process of measuring
2 : a figure, extent, or amount obtained by measuring
3 : MEASURE 2
<testing> The act or process of measuring; a figure, extent, or amount obtained by measuring.
- acceleration measurement: [Mechanics]"The te ...
- ballistic measurement: [Mechanics]"Any me ...
- calibrated measurement: [Electronics]1. A ...
- still, such measurements are very important.
- i want you to take my chest measurement.
- the tailor took my measurements for a new suit.
- it depends on measurement of controlled variable.
- total field measurement is not always desirable.