lymphocytic choriomeningitis meaning
- Noun: lymphocytic choriomeningitis
- A form of viral meningitis caused by a virus carried by the common house mouse
Type of: choriomeningitis
Encyclopedia: Lymphocytic choriomeningitis
A form of meningitis caused by LYMPHOCYTIC CHORIOMENINGITIS VIRUS. MICE and other rodents serve as the natural hosts,and infection in humans usually occurs through inhalation or ingestion of infectious particles. Clinical manifestations include an influenza-like syndrome followed by stiff neck,alterations of mentation,ATAXIA,and incontinence. Maternal infections may result in fetal malformations and injury,including neonatal HYDROCEPHALUS,aqueductal stenosis,CHORIORETINITIS,and MICROCEPHALY. (From Joynt,Clinical Neurology,1996,Ch26,pp1-3)n : an acute disease caused by an arenavirus and characterized by fever, nausea and vomiting, headache, stiff neck, and slow pulse, marked by the presence of numerous lymphocytes in the cerebrospinal fluid, and transmitted esp. by rodents
- lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus: Noun: lymphocytic ...
- lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus encephalomyelitis: [Medicine]A form o ...
- lymphocytic choriomeningitis viruses: [Medicine]The type ...
- More: Next
- method for examination of lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus
- study on application of recombinant protein of lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus
- laboratory animal-method for examination of lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus
- Transplant-acquired lymphocytic choriomeningitis proves to have a very high morbidity and mortality rate.
- He coined the name Lymphocytic choriomeningitis in 1934 after isolating the hitherto completely unknown virus.
- lymphocyte-activating factor meaning
- lymphocyte-derived neutrophil-activating peptide meaning
- lymphocyte-stimulating hormone meaning
- lymphocytes meaning
- lymphocytic meaning
- lymphocytic choriomeningitis lassa complex viruses meaning
- lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus meaning
- lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus encephalomyelitis meaning
- lymphocytic choriomeningitis viruses meaning
- lymphocytic choriomeningitis-lassa complex viruses meaning