- Noun: ligament ligumunt
- A sheet or band of tough fibrous tissue connecting bones or cartilages or supporting muscles or organs
- Any connection or unifying bond
Derived forms: ligaments
Shiny,flexible bands of fibrous tissue connecting together articular extremities of bones. They are pliant,tough,and inextensile. n
1 : a tough band of tissue that serves to connect the articular extremities of bones or to support or retain an organ in place and is usu. composed of coarse bundles of dense white fibrous tissue parallel or closely interlaced, pliant, and flexible, but not extensible
2 : any of various folds or bands of pleura, peritoneum, or mesentery connecting parts or organs
- More: Next
- ligaments contain protein elastin.
- the uterus receives its blood and nerve supply through the broad ligament.
- collagen and elastin provide the strength and resiliency of connective tissues such as skin and ligaments.
- the severed fluid may form a drop or may form an unstable ligament which will later break up into drops.
- it's a stretched ligament, so he won't need surgery